Ulam Ideas: Magnolia Chicken Timplados Ready-To-Cook Fried Chicken

"Anong ulam  natin?"
There's that question again! Parents, especially moms,  have to deal with it multiple times a day, every single day. 
I don't dislike that question because it's more of a challenge for me - to rack my brain up for something creative.
There are times that I want to face that head-on and say, okay, let's cook something intricate. 
I have the time, I have the energy and I will bankroll it.
However, there are days when I say please, please, I am short with time, my energy is at bare-minimum and my budget is just okay. 
That's exactly what I told my hubby when I called him up, and he suggested we just grab something ready to cook from the local Manukan ng Bayan. 
Lo and behold, he got the Ready-To-Cook Fried Chicken. The kids have been asking for "chicken joy" for the past few days, so I was sure it would be a hit. 
Product Name: Magnolia Chicken Timplados Ready-To-Cook Fried Chicken
How Much: Php 190.00 for 1 kilogram
Where To Buy: Magnolia Manukan ng Bayan

Now here are the labels at the back, including the cooking instructions and the ingredients. I wish I had a clearer photo about the nutritional values but I guess I was just too excited to cook.
You may say...but that's just fried chicken and so easy to cook. You can make it even without the Timplados. Well, what I like about this is that the chicken is pre-marinated so know what the flavor is really well absorbed by the meat. It also comes with a breading mix so you don't have to guess how much seasoning and spices you need to add. So basically, you just need to mix them and cook.
There were about seven pieces of chicken in this 1 kilogram pack, and some cuts were just too gigantic for me (and for the kids) so I cut them up. 
I deep-fried them in cooking oil and lo and behold, in just a few minutes, I have this crunchy and flavorful fried chicken that the kids loved. 
Another day of winning in the kitchen. I'm sure moms can relate. 
Tomorrow naman, think of what's for ulam. 
Maybe we'll find another ready-to-cook stuff from the Manukan ng Bayan. Hubby said there are other variants of this. We'll see.
Hahahaha.

xO,
Mommie Cassie

0 comments